Building work is now complete on a number of new and refurbished facilities on the Casuarina campus.
Included in the programme of works are:
• A new student lounge in Red 2. Building work is complete and facility will be opened as soon as furniture is delivered – hopefully by 18 May 2009. Situated above the student lounge are the new offices for ITMS operations.
• The refurbishment of Orange 11 for Fashion is now complete and the Fashion Department has moved in.
• Virtually all of Blue 5 has been refurbished with the final phase (phase 5) occupied since April 2009.
• The refurbishment of Student Services in Orange 1 is now complete. This was a two-stage refurbishment with the second phase undertaken during the Summer Semester. Student Services moved into the refurbished area in April 2009.
• The former “Shed Café” courtyard, Blue 1 has been re-furbished with new paving, shade sail and electric barbeque. This facility is now open.
And it’s not just the Casuarina campus enjoying building work.
An ITMS data centre back-up facility has been completed at the Palmerston campus and is now fully operational.