CDU hosts October Business Month events in Alice Springs and Darwin.
Eric Bailey presents ‘Recruiting and selecting the right people’, in Alice Springs on Monday 6 October.
How good are your strategies for selecting and recruiting staff? Very quickly the consequences of your recruitment decisions impacts how you and your organisation is perceived in the community and ultimately your bottom line.
Poor recruitment and selection strategies result in poorly performing staff, which in turn results in poor business performance and fewer dollars with which to run your business. Get it right and you have employees who are loyal, supportive, hard working and the best asset your organization can have. To be successful in business you need effective recruitment and selection strategies. Good people equals good performance equals good profits.
This free seminar takes place in the Ellery Room, Alice Springs Convention Centre, from 10am to 12pm – morning tea provided. Places are limited – please book to avoid disappointment:
Email or phone Mona Ulak at email@example.com, 08 8959 5391.
Curtis Roman presents ‘Cultural awareness in the workplace’, in Darwin on Tuesday 7 October.
Curtis will discuss:
- Why is it important to have knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture in the Northern Territory?
- Who are Indigenous Australians and who decides this?
- What are some of the important issues to consider when working with Aboriginal people?
- How does recent history shape and influence the way Aboriginal people live their lives today?
- Aboriginal kinship – what is it all about and how does it influence the daily lives of Aboriginal people?
Download the event flyer (.pdf) >>
This free seminar takes place in meeting room 2, Darwin Convention Centre, from 10am to 12pm – morning tea provided. Places are limited – please book to avoid disappointment:
Email or phone Tanya Shields at firstname.lastname@example.org, 08 8946 6065.