The implementation of Doing VET Better! has reached another milestone today with the announcement of the 24 thematic theme leaders who will lead and support the 24 delivery teams from 1 January 2008.
In announcing the successful candidates, Director VET, Aaron Devine said there was strong interest from Charles Darwin University (CDU) staff in these positions.
“The number of applications greatly exceeded the positions available and the quality of the applications was very high,” said Aaron. “I think CDU is well placed to build on our recent success as NT Training Provider of the Year in 2006 and 2007 with these new thematic team leaders."
Aaron said the University is not resting on its recent successes, but remains committed to continuous improvement and making CDU’s VET delivery even better.
“It is clear that these leaders have picked up the challenges of Doing VET Better! and exhibited strongly in their applications a commitment to strengthening our industry focus, improving customer service and exhibited a real desire to see their team operate as a viable business.”
The successful candidates are:
- David Smalldon - Electrotechnology
- Eve Somssich - Industry Skills, Maritime and Driver Education
- Brian Sharp - Automotive, Heavy Vehicle and Industrial Equipment
- Dave Cook - Mining Engineering and Fabrication
- Stephen Say - Building, Drafting and Construction
- Steve Stubbings - National Transport and Logistics Training
- Justin Busse - Trades (Central)
- Volker Mischker - Conservation and Land Management (Top End)
- Timothy Biggs - Agriculture and Rural Operations
- Scott McDonald - Horticulture and Aquaculture (Top End)
- Jade Kudrenko - Primary Industries (Central)
- David Reilly - Access
- Jill Kaye - English as a Second Language
- Heather Wilson - Children’s Services, Community and Education Support (Central)
- Bronwyn Hudson - Sales and Personal Services
- Gail Davidson - Business Advanced and TAA (Top End)
- Beverley Luke - Business Practice Firm (Top End)
- Andrew Vodic - Community Services (Top End)
- Lynda Chick - Community Services and Education Support (Top End)
- Bob Dewhurst - Information Technology and Library Studies
- Michael Drew - Business, Information Technology and TAA (Central)
- Sandy Smith - Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation (Top End)
- Bharat Desai - Cookery and Food Processing (Top End)
- Judy Bell - Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation (Central)
Internal expressions of interest for the administrative position has closed and consideration of application is currently occurring.