Charles Darwin University Library is introducing a new and powerful library management system allowing the area to more effectively deliver services, and provide clients with increased flexibility in choosing library resources.
Staff and students need to be aware the migration process will include some disruption to the usual routine – your patience and understanding is needed to assist in making the transition as smooth as possible.
Library staff will be happy to help in any way they can.
Here is a list of the most important points to be aware of:
- All loaned items must be returned by 7 February or as soon afterwards as is practicable. Items must be physically returned to your nearest CDU library branch - unfortunately there are no exceptions to this. The library will loan trolleys to staff who have many items, and can discuss special needs and alternative arrangements with those who are unable to meet this deadline. Once the items are returned on our old system, they may be borrowed again immediately on the new system.
- There are no renewals of items loaned on the old library system. They must be returned to your nearest CDU library branch and if still needed you may borrow them again immediately.
- There will be an amnesty on library fines for the period of the transition until the end of March. Each application to have accrued fines waived will be assessed individually on its merits.
- The library web catalogue has changed address.
- The library web catalogue has changed the username and password used to log in. The username is now your library barcode and the password is the last four digits of your primary telephone number registered with the staff or student administration systems. This will be in effect until the library system is configured to use your staff or student computer account username and password. Your patience is appreciated while remaining technical issues with the system provider are resolved. Feel free to contact us if you cannot log in.
- The new library web catalogue does not show your items currently checked out on the old system. As you return items they will be checked out to you on the new system and you will be able to check your account details using the new web catalogue. The library will still have a record of the current items you have out on the old catalogue and library staff can assist you to check your record.
- Report any issues or suggestions for improvements to us either in person, by phone or by using the problem report form. Your suggestions are appreciated and assist in improving the library’s services for all clients.
Finally the staff of the CDU library would like to take the time to thank you for your patience, understanding and goodwill at this time. There will be a level of unavoidable inconvenience caused by these changes but working together ensures this is kept to a minimum for all concerned. Library staff are looking forward to the possibilities the new system will bring, allowing a better and more effective service to you, our clients.
Director Library and Information Access
Email: email@example.com; ph: 08 8946 6192