Charles Darwin University’s (CDU) leadership in community engagement has been acknowledged with the re-election of Don Zoellner, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Community and Access) to the Australian Universities Community Engagement Alliance (AUCEA) Committee of Management.
The election was held at the AUCEA Annual General Meeting in Canberra last week.
AUCEA is the national peak body for university-community engagement in Australia. It promotes direct and mutually beneficial interaction between universities and communities that is essential for the development and application of knowledge and the shaping of our future citizens.
Mr Zoellner’s position on the Committee brings a Northern Territory perspective to AUCEA’s national leadership role which is to:
- Advocate and lobby for university-community engagement at the national level
- Convene a high quality annual conference
- Maintain strong international links
“Charles Darwin University has had community engagement as a core area of business since the creation of the University and is in the process of developing mechanisms to both measure and evaluate our efforts in community engagement,” said Mr Zoellner.
“In recognition of our leading efforts the next AUCEA national conference will be held on the Alice Springs Campus of CDU from 2-4 July 2007,” he added.
Other members of the new AUCEA Committee of Management are:
- Professor Rob Wallis, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Rural and Regional, Deakin University
- Professor Wayne McKenna, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, University Engagement, University of Western Sydney
- Anne Langworthy, Director of the Centre for Regional Development at Swinburne University of Technology
- Professor Steve Garlick, Professor of Regional Engagement at the University of Sunshine Coast and Adjunct Professor at Swinburne University of Technology
- David Ensor, Director of Industry and Community Engagement at La Trobe University
- Len Pullin, Director, Regional Engagement, University of South Australia
- Ros Derret, Head of the Office of Regional Engagement, Southern Cross University
For more information go to:
Or contact Linda Cuttriss, Coordinator Community Engagement, on 08 8946 6336 or email email@example.com.